Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stop Writing Manuals and Start Creating Videos!

Today I discovered a really neat software tool that allows you to create videos of whatever appears on your PC screen. The tool records both audio and video, so it is extremely simple to create on the fly software demos or even narrate Powerpoint presentations.

Why would anyone ever create another training document, when you could record a presentation?

Here's an example of a video I made in literally a few minutes.



The video was created using a FREE product called CamStudio. And trust me. If I can use it, you can too.

I think you'll find that your employees or customers would much rather spend a minute or two watching your video, than reading a brochure. And as you can see, I uploaded my video onto YouTube, then embedded it into my blog.