Friday, October 19, 2007

Hooked on Video




I have railed for some time now, that marketing and training MUST make the transition to video. No one I know takes the time to read brochures, marketing materials, policies or procedures. We barely have time to read our emails.


But we always find time to watch a video. We're a nation of watchers.


Latest example.... Steve Jobs (okay it was some server) sent me an email today announcing Mac's new OS X (Leopard).


I don't own a Mac. I don't intend on buying a Mac in the near future. But I watched anyway. I had to. I admit that I'm hooked on Mac marketing.


But then I got thinking. Even though I don't own a Mac, why doesn't my PC do these things?

Even though Apple wasn't selling me anything (today) they started planting seeds of doubt about the product I'm currently using. They got their message across.


And after all, wasn't that the point?