Thursday, February 5, 2009

Getting More LinkedIn

Not a paid advertisement!

As more and more colleagues are looking for new positions, I'm advising them to develop their business networks, since more than likely, their next opportunity will come from someone within their network.

I've been a member at LinkedIn for over a year, and today just discovered that it has become a much more powerful tool with which to market yourself.

Watch:



Like most application users, I typically use about 10% of the features of any application. Until yesterday, I used LinkedIn to post basic profile information only. I added a few contats and requested a few introductions. That was pretty much it.

I plan on adding the blog webpart into my profile and plan on playing with other features as well. I'd encourage anyone who's serious about building an online profile to check these features out.

Let me know what works for you and what doesn't!